Either because we got the wrong recipient or because we regret what is in a WhatsApp message, we have all already needed and wanted to delete a message that we had just sent. And we know that at this moment all you want is to be able to go back in time to prevent yourself from sending this shameful message …
Well, you need to know that you don’t necessarily need a time machine to prevent the person from reading this message! because there are a few tips and tricks that allow you to erase a message before it is read by the person receiving it.
The new version of WhatsApp allows you to erase all the messages you want, plus they’ll disappear from your phone as well as from the other person’s, beautiful right?
Continue reading this One How To article and you will learn how to delete a message on WhatsApp!
How to delete an unread message on WhatsApp?
Good news at last! Something we have all been waiting for a very long time … Thanks to WhatsApp update 184.108.40.2069 it is now possible to delete unread WhatsApp messages. Next we explain what you need to do to be able to access this functionality:
- Make sure that the message you want to eliminate has only one arrow, that is, it has been received by the other person but has not yet been read.
- Tap the message you want to delete.
On the screen will appear different options, you must choose “delete”, which will allow
- you to prevent the other person from reading it.
- Despite the fact that the other person will not be able to read the message you sent them, a notification will appear on the conversation telling the other person that you have deleted a message from WhatsApp.
There are other tips and tricks that allow you to delete a WhatsApp message sent in error and we will see them in the rest of our article How to delete a message on WhatsApp!
How to delete a message on WhatsApp before delivery?
Before the arrival of this new update, many users of this famous instant messaging application posted on the web many tips and tricks to delete a message from WhatsApp before delivery.
One of them is to block the person before they have a chance to read the message , next we’ll explain how to do it:
- Make sure the message you want to delete has not been read by the other person. To find out, you must pay attention to the blue ticks, if they are not blue, the message has not been read.
- To prevent this person from reading the message that you do not want them to read, you will have to click on this person’s chat, that you click on the part at the top right of the screen, on an icon that should have three small dots positioned vertically.
- A window will open in which you will see several options, click on “more” and it is in the new small window that will open that you will see the option “block”.
- Once that person has been blocked, they will never be able to receive this message.
The problem with this option is that you must keep this person blocked for at least 30 days. Because the WhatsApp servers keep unsent messages in their servers for 30 days and if you unblock this person, they will receive the message. So if you still want to be in WhatsApp contact with that person, this is really not a recommendable option.
How to delete a WhatsApp message before delivery? – third tips
The following trick to delete an unread WhatsApp message requires some responsiveness, but it is absolutely perfect for people who realize that they have made a mistake while clicking “Send”. We explain how to delete a WhatsApp message step by step:
- Make sure that next to the message appears the small clock, this icon indicates that the message has not yet been released from your phone.
- At full speed, disconnect from the internet and the wifi network, you can also put yourself in airplane mode.
- Go back to the WhatsApp hold where the message you want to delete is located and leave your finger on it while selecting it.
- In the upper part of the screen will appear, among other icons, a small trash can, click on it!
- Once eliminated, you can reconnect to the internet and when your phone reconnects, the message will be gone because it will never have been sent!
The first of the tips we told you about is still the safest way to delete a WhatsApp message, do not hesitate to use it if you find that you have just sent a message that you will regret.
Delete WhatsApp message after reading
According to Techyguide, It is important for you to know that it is currently possible to delete a message whether or not the other person has received it, whether they have read it or not.
However if the other person has read the message and you delete it, you should know that you will only delete it on your phone and on your conversation but you will not be able to delete a message from WhatsApp if it has been read by the person. ‘other person.
So, the usefulness of this technique remains meager unless what you want is just to forget that you sent this message or if you just want to free up some memory on your phone.